Finite Element Analysis (FEA) involves the solution of complex structural engineering problems such as structural response due to applied load, thermal stresses from temperature differences, vibration problems, etc. The structure represents the geometry of interest (vessels, pipelines, turbomachinery equipment, heat exchanger, etc.,).
“FEA is an inexpensive tool that allows engineers to visualize and troubleshoot equipment/systems design during Concept, FEED, Engineering, Start-up and Operations”
At Tailwater Technical Consulting, we have extensive knowledge and experience in using FEA tools for a range of problems in Upstream, Midstream and Downstream segments of Oil & Gas.
- Modal analysis to determine natural frequencies of structure
- Static/transient structural analysis to determine responses based on loads
- Static/transient thermal stress analysis to determine responses based on temperature difference and material properties
- Harmonic response analysis on the structure
- Static acoustic/Harmonic acoustic analysis
- Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) problems arising due to
- Surge concerns in pipelines
- Two-Phase flow (slug flow) in pipelines
- Turbomachinery equipment (Pumps and Compressors) induced vibration
- Flow Induced Vibration (FIV)
- Acoustics Induced Vibration (AIV)